EuroPride 2022 Belgrade
EuroPride is a pan-European international LGBTI event featuring a Pride parade, hosted by a different European city each year
EuroPride 2022 Belgrade
- Belgrade, Serbia
- 12-18 September 2022
- Belgrade Pride website (EN)
- Belgrade Pride on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Few Prides have taken such a rapid journey as Belgrade. The first Pride in 2001, and the few that followed, quickly descended into riots as opponents took to the streets and caused chaos and reigned with terror. But their recent journey is one of successful Prides that highlight the need for legislative progress for LGBTI+ people in Serbia. EuroPride in Belgrade will be a historic event, bringing together the community in the western Balkans with LGBTI+ people from all over the world.
- ‘Belgrade wins EuroPride 2022 in landslide vote’ – News, 21st September 2019
- ‘EuroPride bids show Pride is ‘far more than just a party” – News, 29th July 2019
- ‘Five Prides announce bids for EuroPride 2022’ – News, 3rd April 2019
Watch the handover from Copenhagen 2021
- Barcelona Pride, Spain – download bid
- Belgrade Pride, Serbia – download bid (winning bid)
- Dublin Pride, Ireland – download bid
- ILGA Portugal, rede ex aequo and Variações, Portugal – download bid
A bid from Winter Pride Maspalomas was withdrawn at the request of the bidding organisation, who said: “We feel obliged to withdraw as a candidate for EuroPride 2022 as we can no longer guarantee the execution of the plans as stipulated in the presented bid book. Unexpected circumstances occurred with the change of the political administrations. Although we tried to resolve the matter with the new administration there was unfortunately not enough time to fix it before the Annual General Meeting in Bilbao next month. The new administration does support the initiative but is confronted with unresolved issues and prefers to postpone the candidature to a moment with more guarantees. We apologise for the inconvenience to EPOA and its members and wish all other candidates all the best.”
All bids were presented at our Annual General Meeting in Bilbao in September 2019, and members had the opportunity to ask questions of the bidding organisations, before voting took place. Results of the vote were as follows.
- 1st: Belgrade Pride
- 2nd: ILGA Portugal, rede ex aequo & Variações
- 3rd: Dublin Pride
- 4th: Pride Barcelona
For more information on the application process, please click here.